Monday, November 30, 2009


Ohio is amazing. After living in a major city for one and a half years, it really gives a different perspective to coming home. The smells, driving, swagger, streets, people, and topics of discussion are completely different when I go home. A lot of talk was on how I’m a writer, so I must have read the Twilight books. I admire vampires and all, but not when they are fifteen, and dry humping each other.

One thing that was amazing was the old coffee shop I used to go to now sells beer. They bought the last liquor licenses in my town, and I guess it got all the locals in a fit because they wanted a bar and not a place that mostly sold liquor. However, when I walked in the coffee shop, it was heaven. They had some of my favorite beers that I would have to drive to a specialty shop just to enjoy. I couldn’t believe my town was selling Rogue, Stone, Dogfishhead, and Hoppin’ Frog.

I really enjoyed the Stone Levitation ale, which ran dark, but tasted thick, like a smooth red ale. This beer was delicious, although it was pretty low on the alcohol percentage level being about 5%, which I love beers that range in the 8-9%. I’m a red ale fanatic so I really enjoyed it, and I think most other people could sip on this too.

I'm just so happy to go home and have a place to buy some amazing beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment