Friday, July 17, 2009


Alright, I have to confess. The Sims 3 is my new addiction. There are several things to do on this new version of the popular life simulation video game. I started off playing the first Sims way back in high school, and I remember being in love with it. Now the new version is out, and I had a lot of hope for this game to be good since The Sims 2 wasn't my favorite.

I'll get straight to the point.

Pros
- This game is way easier. It’s easier to get a career that you want, easier to "skill up" and easier to do common things. For example, in the original version, you spill a bunch of water to you had to click the puddles a million times to get the sim to clean up the whole mess. Now, you simply have "clean up puddles" and the sim will clean up the entire mess. (Things like this annoyed you so much in the first game.)

- Way easier to communicate with other Sims. There’s a ton of sims in your community, and you know who your sim loves or hates right away.

- There's so much more to do! I haven't even been online yet, and I'm finding so much to do!

Cons
- The speed! Anyone who has played The Sims 3 knows what I'm talking about. Fast forwarding is a must in Sim world. There's something about watching an animated version of your self sleeping for a long amount of time that is kind of unsettling. However, you can blast past these boring moments, but in the new version, the fast forward speed is pathetic! As I've heard via Internets, it was overlooked by EA Games. They need to fix this soon! The fast forward speed is brutally slow and all it's good for is to get up, do a few stretches or head to the bathroom. Maybe that's why they did it, to get my lazy butt off the computer for once.

- There's really neat stuff your sim can do, for example, my sim wanted to go to a stadium and see a professional sports match. Well my town has a soccer team I guess, and I took him there. I was really excited to see how they were going to play the soccer game and I was eager to see if you could cheer or drink beer or do something fun. Well, not so "real life" for Sims 3. You have to sit outside the stadium without the ability to look at what's going on inside while you hear the cheers, boo's and rock music rumble the arena. It's the worst! It's like you are being forced to sit outside of the stadium while your sim gets to go inside and have "so much fun it's almost criminal."

- There's so much that goes on in this game and it has a constant tutorial that follows the game. It's extremely annoying and usually not that helpful. If you've played The Sims before then you probably can figure most the stuff out. You can turn off the tutorials, which is nice, but there are still a lot of things that I have no clue how to work/do/use. Give me a few weeks, I'm sure I'll get bored with the game, and not have much else to say.

I know...pretty lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment